Currently there are no restrictions on visiting the museum.
However, in the event of renewed restrictions due to the coronavirus, visitors are required to consider:
- only healthy visitors are permitted to enter the museum
- hygiene of caugh and careful hand washing should be considered,
- all visitors are requested to wear a mask, disinfection of hands is required before entering the museum,
- visitors should maintain adequate physical distance (2m) from each other during the visit,
- it is necessary to follow the outlined route and the direction of the circular tour of the exhibition grounds,
- if it is possible, use of the elevator should be avoided,
- respect our restriction on the number of visitors entering the museum.
Slovene Ethnographic Museum
SI - 1000 Ljubljana
T: + 386 1 300 87 00
+ 386 1 300 87 45 [weekend]
Fax: + 386  300 87 36
VAT number: SI99955407
Tuesday – Sunday: 10.00 - 18.00, on Thursdays until 20.00.
Closed on: Monday and some National Holidays
Free entrance every first sunday in a month.
National Holidays (Museum CLOSED)
1st January – New Year
1st May – Labor Day
25th June - Statehood Day
1st November – Remembrance Day
25th December – Christmas
Open to public
Monday - Friday 8.00 - 15.00
Wednesday 8.00 - 17.00
Open to public
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 14.00
Adults: 6 EUR
Schoolchildren, students, pensioners: 3 EUR
Adults: 7 EUR
Schoolchildren, students, pensioners: 4 EUR
Pre-school children: 2,00 EUR
Group admission fees (more than 10 persons) include entry to the museum and a guided tour.
Museum donors, ICOM, SMD, SED, PRESS, visitors with special needs, pre-school children accompanied by adult, group leaders and unemployed.
The museum organises educational tours, expert lead tours and public tours in different languages. Prior booking is required.
Mrs Sonja Kogej Rus
T + 386 1 300 87 50
AUDIO GUIDE for the permanent exhibition
|PORTABLE INDUCTION LOOP / FM SYSTEM|
|CAR PARKING IN THE NEAR VICINITY|
|SLOVENE ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM IS SITUATED IN THE NEW URBAN CULTURAL CENTRE AT METELKOVA, NEAR THE MAIN BUS AND RAILWAY STATION.|
Magnifiers for the visually impaired
Tactile maps for orientation in space intended for blind and partially sighted people
Mobile induction loop
Access for physically disabled